Choose from classic New England inns, national chain hotels, or local bed and breakfasts. Our hotel booking engine will list hotel accommodations by proximity to Dartmouth College. Admitted students should not feel that you must spend the night in a residence hall to fully participate in any aspect of the Dimensions programming. Students are welcome to stay in area lodgings with your family or guardians if you prefer!
On-campus overnight accommodations
Note: Additional details will be posted soon!
If you would like to be hosted by a current student in the residence halls:
- Visitors who plan to spend the night on campus in a residence hall must register at least five days in advance of the requested date.
- Overnight hosting is available on Monday through Thursday nights in April (with the exception of 4/23) for one night.
Overnight Hosting Details
Visitors staying overnight in a residence hall must plan to arrive on campus no later than 3 p.m. Admitted students may only request overnight accommodations for one visit in April.
Overnight accommodations in residence halls will provide the following:
- space to sleep in a student’s room, usually on the floor
- access to bathroom facilities
The undergraduates who have offered to host admitted students are enrolled in classes and involved in many activities that may not allow them the time to entertain their guests. Please plan to take advantage of the programming that is provided during Dimensions or be prepared to explore Dartmouth independently during your visit.
If you stay overnight in a residence hall, you are expected to abide by the College Residence Policy and terms. Your host is responsible for your actions and will face disciplinary action if you violate College or Residential Policies. In addition, admitted students who violate College Policies or State Laws jeopardize their place in the Class of 2018 and could have their offer of admission revoked. Please abide by Dartmouth College’s Standards of Conduct and all local and state laws.
Overnight accommodations in residence halls are limited. As a result, we cannot accommodate students who committed to attending Dartmouth through Early Decision.
Bring to campus:
- Sleeping bag or other bedding
- Cash for meals and incidentals
- A book or homework to complete during down time (recommended)